It’s natural to feel self-doubt – sometimes called your ‘inner critic’ – especially when you’re trying to make a change in your life or step out of your comfort zone.
With practice and with helpful tools, you can learn to change your mindset and strengthen your confidence ‘muscles’.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Take small steps towards your goals, and stop to notice when you do something you’re proud of. Give yourself praise and positive feedback about your growth.
- Keep a list of reasons to believe in yourself and remember to go back and read it, especially when you’re feeling unsure.
- Relate to yourself with compassion, as you would to a close friend. Next time you feel self-doubt, imagine what you’d say to a friend who shared those feelings. And then say those (kind) words to yourself.
- Try not to compare yourself to others. Focus on your own unique path and aspirations.
- Remember you’re not alone. We all doubt ourselves at times.
If self-doubt is holding you back from moving forward in your life, I’d love to support you to build your confidence and go after your dreams.